Re: Replacement Macros - Thank you

From: Simon J Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Replacement Macros - Thank you
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 01:15:15 +0700

Hi Neil,
Thank you for a working solution. No way I would have found this
solution buried as it is in the heart of the LP documentation.

So does \formproperty get called each time the passed symbol is
referenced or some such thing? Seems kind of Lispish...?

Time to slee.....
Simon

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:21:57 +0000, "Neil Puttock" <address@hidden>
said:
> Hi Simon,
>
> 2008/12/14 Simon J Mackenzie <address@hidden>:
>
> > \header {
> >   %Common settings
> >   poet = #(markup lyricist)
> > }
> >
> > \book {
> >   \bookpart {
> >      \header {
> >         lyricist = \markup { \bold "Yaahda Ohda" }
> >         composer = \markup { \italics "Bill G.t.s" }
> >      }
> >      etc...
> >   }
> >   \bookpart {
> >      \header {
> >         lyricist = \markup { \bold "Tom Albany" }
> >         composer = \markup { \italics "Bill G.t.s" }
> >      }
> >      etc...
> >   }
> > etc...
> > }
> >
> > This code will fail to compile because lyricist is an unbound variable
> > in the first instance.
>
> In this situation, you need to use \fromproperty
> (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Other#index-_005cfromproperty-1).
>
>  \header {
>   %Common settings
>   poet = \markup { \fromproperty #'header:lyricist }
> }
>
> Regards,
> Neil

Reverend Simon J Mackenzie <address@hidden>