utility: makedepend_ly

From: CJ Bell
Subject: utility: makedepend_ly
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 02:47:29 -0800

Attached it a python script I wrote to construct dependencies for
LilyPond. It works like makedepend and has similar command line
options.

One thing to note is that this script searches for included files in
the same directory as the _current_ file being processed instead of
only in the directory of the root file sent to lilypond. I hope that
issue 391 (http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=391&q=include)
is resolved in favor of mimicing the C preprocessor.

An interesting feature to get around make's inability to handle spaces
in path names is to, optionally, create symbolic links for each file
that has spaces in its path name.

enjoy!
-cj