Re: Segmentation fault on file with bookparts

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault on file with bookparts
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:22:13 -0600

Graham Percival wrote:
See

If you could build with debug symbols and provide a backtrace,
and/or run lilypond with valgrind, it might help debug it.

Cheers,
- Graham

Graham,

I've never used tools like this before and can't find anything in the AU manual about using a debugging tool while compiling. Can you give an example of how to do this? I installed valgrind and did "valgrind lilypond" and it said there were no errors. I have gdb installed but when I ran "gdb lilypond filename.ly" it said lilypond was not in executable format. I'm probably doing something obviously wrong...

Thanks,

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp