Re: confused newbie, choirstaff with single line of lyrics desired

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: confused newbie, choirstaff with single line of lyrics desired
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:46:07 +0100

2008/12/16 Danalute <address@hidden>:

> like this?
>
>>  \score {
>>       \new ChoirStaff <<
>>         \music
>>           \new Staff  <<  \S  \\  \A  >>
>
>             \new Lyrics \lyricsto "1"  \lyricmode { Caput a pri defero ...

You can define the lyrics variable beforehand, but for en example with
only one syllable I've put it right into the structure. It is clearer
in real world to do

lyricwhatever = \lyricmode { the lyrics here }
and then
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "nameOfTheVoice"  { \lyricwhatever }

> }
>
> %  "1" associates by position with \S  ?

The first anonymous voice in a << { } \\ { } >> is not really
anonymous, it is called "1" (as docs say),  but do not rely on that,
better give it a name and then lyricsto that name.

>>            \new Staff { \clef bass <<  \T  \\  \B  >> }
>>       >>
>>     }
>
> You also show the music in the two  \ new Staff  statements, instead of my
> \parallelMusic,

This is only a one-note example, better use variables, and assign
their values via \parallelMusic or directly, as you like.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org