Re: accidental spacing issue

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: accidental spacing issue
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:11:12 -0600

Neil Puttock wrote:
Hi Jon,

2008/12/16 Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden>:

Is there a way to make the invisible sharp symbol take up no space so that
the whole chord moves to the left where it ought to be?

There's a workaround for this mentioned in the bug tracker for issue #612.

Regards,
Neil

This was promising but didn't solve the problem because it also made the accidentals in the other voice disappear. Here's the context:

\relative c'' {
#(set-accidental-style 'no-reset)
<< { cis1 ~ cis2 r } \\ { r2 <fis,, ais'>4 r <fis ais'>2  r } >>
}

I still want the a-sharp to appear in the 2nd measure, but don't want the space occupied by the c-sharp. Using this "no-reset" workaround, the a-sharp disappears, too. Is there a way to apply this style using \override instead of "set"? if so then I could probably override it explicitly in each voice. Thanks for the help,

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com