Re: why is Dutch the default language for note-entry?

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: why is Dutch the default language for note-entry?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:07:37 +0100

Very strange for me. Isn't it disturbing to use the same syllable for different words? Actually for me it is especially strange because of Hungary's strong use of Kodály's solmization method, where this melody would be sung as "la la si la so fi so" (independently of the absolute pitch), so actually the "la la sol la sol fa sol" would really mean "a a g a g f g".