Re: workaround: keeping piano staves alive together in a RemoveEmptyStaf

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: workaround: keeping piano staves alive together in a RemoveEmptyStaffContext
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:22:46 -0500

Hi Valentin (et al.),

this one has really kept bugging me for a while. I'm referring to
(what else?)

I have a huge score to publish within days, and I really need to find
some solution.

HTH!
Kieren.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.11.65"

show = { \set Staff.keepAliveInterfaces = #'(
    rhythmic-grob-interface
    multi-measure-rest-interface
    lyric-interface
    stanza-number-interface
    percent-repeat-interface)
}
hide = \unset Staff.keepAliveInterfaces

one = {
  \repeat unfold 4 { a4 b c' d'} \break
  \repeat unfold 4 { a4 b c' d'} \break
  \repeat unfold 4 { a4 b c' d'} \break
  a1
}
two = { \clef treble
  \show
  \repeat unfold 4 { a4 b c' d'} \break
  \repeat unfold 4 { a4 b c' d'} \hide \break
  R1*4 \break
  a1
}
three = { \clef bass
  \show
  \repeat unfold 4 { a4 b c' d'} \break
  R1*3 \hide R1 \break  %% notice the timing on the \hide here!!!!!!
  R1*4 \break
  a1
}
\score { <<