Re: Discrepancy in documentation,

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: Discrepancy in documentation,
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:57:53 -0500

Perusing the section on chord frames...

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Common-notation-for-fretted-strings#Automatic-fret-diagrams

Under "Automatic Fret Diagrams," in the music example there is a simple octave error. In the G chord, what should be the 2nd-string 'B' is written one octave too high. It should read:

\context Staff {

   \clef "treble_8"
   < f, c f a c' f'>1
   < g, b, d g b g'>
 }

This will cause the staff rendition of the G-chord to agree with the chord frame.

More comments on chords to come. I just finished with one leg of a project that requires chord symbols, an overall, I think the documentation is excellent. Thanks, Carl. I do have some suggestions for how LilyPond handles chord output though, which I'll spell out after I've had time to gather and analyze my thoughts.

Regards,

Dave