Re: workaround: keeping piano staves alive together in a RemoveEmptyStaf

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: workaround: keeping piano staves alive together in a RemoveEmptyStaffContext
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:08:59 +0000

2008/12/18 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:
> 2008/12/18 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:
>
>> If ever there were an LSR snippet deserving of the tag `really cool',
>> this is it. :)
>
> Actually, I'm considering creating a "badly needed" tag for this :-)

Heheh.

I've tried implementing Kieren's suggestion for keepAliveTogether, but
can't get my head round the problem of each VerticalAxisGroup having
no concept of another above or below.

>> It's a bit of a shame it doesn't work with explicitly instantiated
>> voices though.
>
> ??? It does here... It just produces a bunch of warnings, and the
> autobeaming does not work very well.
>
> Would you be so kind to provide us with an example?

Oops, so it does; I forgot to put \voiceOne in the first voice (using
your snippet). :)

As for the cross-staff slur ugliness, I think that's just a general problem.

Regards,
Neil