Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing

From: Hajo Dezelski
Subject: Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:28:01 +0100

Hello,

I installed the new lilypondtool and the new version of jedit (r16) on two different pcs. I have the following problems:

- the file LilyHelp.jar was only in the version which could be installed via the plugin manager. I have manualy installed afterwards the new version. The help version was 11.37 and I found no way to update this.

- in the Lilypond menu Source editing -> Converting to Lily midi2lily all went ok, but no output was shown in the editor. When I translated the files by hand everything was fine.

On some short files I had no problems with a longer one I could bring jedit to a halt, which could only be solved by killing the process:
 -   loaded the *.ly file into jedit
 -   made a some corrections
 -   compiled the code (no errors in the console, 3-6 erros at the bottom of jedit)
  - looked at the preview output
 - went to another page and pointed with the mouse on a note
- was ported to the note in jedit
- made correction, compiled: Got the error:" Warnung: Systeme passen nicht auf Seite -- Zwischen-System-Abstand wird ignoriert"
- And when I looked at the preview it automaticaly tried to show page 2 and stopped the program. It happend every time on the other machine but not on this. So it must be my fault. ;-)

Hajo

--
---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn