Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:11:32 +0100

Mark Polesky wrote:
Bert,

Thanks! I downloaded the latest from
http://www.organum.hu/fileadmin/lilypondtool/2.11-r1/
and now MIDI plays without needing
#(ly:set-option 'midi-extension "midi")

But...

1) my LY file path contains spaces, but I don't want to move myfile.ly out of \My Documents\ Any workaround for external PDF viewing?
Yes, I found one, will include it in the real release. You can apply it yourself: if you go in to LilyPondTool.jar (with Ctrl+PageDown in Total Commander for example), in lilymenu.xml
change this line to this:
<macro label="LilyMenu.viewPdfWithExternal" macro='runInSystemShell(view, (lilytool.LilyToolPlugin.isWindows()?"start " : "") + "\""+jEdit.getProperty(lilytool.LilyToolPlugin.OPTION_PREFIX+"pdf-viewer")+"\" \""+ MiscUtilities.constructPath(buffer.getDirectory(),MiscUtilities.getFileNameNoExtension(buffer.getPath())+".pdf\" &amp;"));'/>

As you can see, if you write "start" to the beginning of the command it will succeed.

2) still getting 3 java.lang.NullPointerException errors upon loading jEdit. Have you uploaded the latest patch?
No. But will soon. Before Christmas.
3) just wanted to say that I *REALLY* appreciate
   LPT. Thanks for all the work you put into this!
I really appreciate you appreciation :-)

Bert