Re:New LilyPondTool version available for testing

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re:New LilyPondTool version available for testing
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:14:41 -0800

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:41:05 +0100
> From: "Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing
> To: Tim Slattery <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Look at http://lilypondtool.organum.hu/demo.html
>
> Tim Slattery wrote:
> > "Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> for more advanced LilyPondTool users I released a new version.
> >>
> >> Installation instructions:
> >>
> >> - Install Project Viewer plugin from Plugin Manager (it's a new dependency)
> >> - Replace LilyPondTool.jar with the following file:
> >> http://www.organum.hu/fileadmin/lilypondtool/2.11-r1/LilyPondTool.jar
> >> and download
> >> http://www.organum.hu/fileadmin/lilypondtool/2.11-r1/julie-0.1.jar
> >>

> > Can you give a clue what this is and what it does? I find no
> > description, only the jars (which implies that it's a Java system).

Bert,

I *really* appreciate LilyPondTool. I have been using it for some time and it makes using Lilypond so much easier and enjoyable. I also really appreciate the new capabilities and icons. Thankyou!

Some suggestions and questions:

1. How can I make the LilypondTool help work? It seems to be missing a help file. ("Resource not found: LilyPondTool.jar!doc/users-guide.html)- I THINK YOU'RE WORKING ON THIS?

2. What does julie.jar do? (just curious)

3. Could you update your webpage (and the jEdit plugin repository) with links to the latest files? It would be much easier to upgrade that way. It was hard to get the needed files. I GUESS YOU'RE WAITING TO MAKE SURE IT IS STABLE.

4. Is there a way I can easily make LilyPondTool point to the 2.11.65 documentation (which I have on my hard drive) when I click on Show LilyPond help in the LilypondTool menu?

5. The new properties.xml that you instructed us to replace our old properties.xml file with seems to be a totally different sort of file. I'm not sure what to do with it. Could you instruct me in more detail? Is it really needed?
(maybe I should have stayed away when I saw you wrote "For more advanced LilyPondTool users" - Sorry ;-)

Thanks a lot!

(I meant to send this message a few days ago, but I had some e-mail problem I guess...)

Tim Reeves