Re: flatten ties ~ proportional notation.

From: Rob Canning
Subject: Re: flatten ties ~ proportional notation.
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:37:23 +0000

Brett Duncan wrote:
Rob Canning wrote:
i was trying to do it with sed with a line like this:

sed  's/~/\\glissando/' header-inserted > ties-fixed;

but ran into trouble with all the ^ sybols and so on -

I tried this myself and it seems to work fine once add the 'g' flag: 's/~/\\glissando/g'

However, horizontal glissandi may coincide with staff lines, so this isn't the best solution in any case.

i think once they are fattened up they are ok
Brett

thanks brett - yes i just figured out last night the ommission in my sed command (duh!) - so the solution that seems to work best for me is this:

sed  's/~/\\glissando/g' header-inserted > ties-fixed;

the new way the #gap is delt with now in 2.11 had me stumped for a couple of hours but eventually i figured it out

\override Glissando #'(bound-details left padding) = #0.0
 \override Glissando #'(bound-details right padding) = #0.0
 \override Glissando #'minimum-length = #15
 \override Glissando #'thickness = #4