Re: 2 muisc + tablature in 2 staves

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: 2 muisc + tablature in 2 staves
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:04:38 +0100

2008/12/21 Grateful Frog <address@hidden>:

> I'm quite new to this tool and am trying to create sheet muisc for blues
> guitar. I've been trying to use tuxguitar as the input tool and that works
> pretty well except for one issue: It cannot seem to print the chord names
> over the music (upper)  staff.

Greetings,

you just have to use the appropriate contexts; in your case, that
would look like

<<
  \new ChordNames \chordmode { your chords }
  \new Staff \relative c' { your music (with fret diagrams as \markups }
  \new TabStaff { your tabs }

Obviously, you will have to read the documentation since chords and
notes are entered using a specific syntax:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Chord-notation

If you speak French, you might also be interested in subscribing to
our French-speaking mailing list: