Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:36:17 +0100

Am 21.12.2008 um 19:07 schrieb chip:
I input in Concert C, transpose to the key of D for Trumpet.
\transpose c d {}
The First Trumpet part transposes to the key of D just fine. I would like to just copy/paste the first part into the second part.
What's the second part?
The second part I want to transpose also for Trumpet, also in the key of D, but a fourth lower.
In the key of d, but a fourth lower. Do you mean the key of a? Or do you want the part in D major, but a fourth lower than the first part?

I'm a little confused as to what you want. If it's the the latter, then yeah, it's probably doable in scheme, but I don't know scheme and can't help you there, and I would just say type it a fourth lower.

melody = {c d e f g a b}
trumpet 1 = {d e f♯ g a b c♯}
trumpet 2 = {a b c♯ d e f♯ g♯} ??
trumpet 2 = {a b c♯ d e f♯ g} ??