Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:26:14 -0600

chip wrote:
Graham Percival wrote:
Then stick a \transpose c' g' in there.  Read the doc section
about transposition for help.

... I really don't understand this question.  If you already know
how to transpose from C to Bb, why on earth do you need to ask how
to transpose from C to G ?!
- Graham

Becuase when I do that it changes the key signature. I want the key signature to remain the same. I input in Concert C, transpose to the key of D for Trumpet. The First Trumpet part transposes to the key of D just fine. I would like to just copy/paste the first part into the second part. The second part I want to transpose also for Trumpet, also in the key of D, but a fourth lower. I was just hoping to be able to have Lily do that so I don't have to rewrite all the notes a fourth lower. If that's how it has to be done then so be it.
--
Chip