Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:58:31 +0100

2008/12/21 chip <address@hidden>:
>> ... I really don't understand this question.  If you already know
>> how to transpose from C to Bb, why on earth do you need to ask how
>> to transpose from C to G ?!
>
> Becuase when I do that it changes the key signature. I want the key
> signature to remain the same. I input in Concert C, transpose to the key of
> D for Trumpet. The First Trumpet part transposes to the key of D just fine.
>  I would like to just copy/paste the first part into the second part. The
> second part I want to transpose also for Trumpet, also in the key of D, but
> a fourth lower. I was just hoping to be able to have Lily do that so I don't
> have to rewrite all the notes a fourth lower. If that's how it has to be
> done then so be it.

Issue one: undesired key change. When you translate an expression, if
it includes the \key command then the key changes, on the other hand
if you want the key signature to remain the same, put the \key command
outside the transposed block.

Issue two: a diatonic fourth or a perfect fourth. From the thread I've
still not read what exact type of fourth do you want. So I think it's
better for you to post an example of what you desire, starting with {
c' d' e' f' g' a' b' c'' } as the original material.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org