Re: Custom articulations/pitched single-note trills

From: gnomino
Subject: Re: Custom articulations/pitched single-note trills
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:06:47 +0000 (UTC)

> I'm not top posting

Thanks for your help.

I was just wondering, is there any reason that \pitchedTrill only works with
trill spanners? I soon discovered that I needed to typeset pitched mordents in
addition to pitched trills, and since it would be tedious to create a set of
\artSharp, \artNatural, \artFlat, \artSharpSharp, etc. for every articulation, I
came up with the following general function:

\version "2.11.57"
pitched = #(define-music-function (parser location main secondary) (ly:music?
ly:music?) #{
  <<
    $main
    {
      s64
      \grace {
        \once \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
        \parenthesize $secondary

#})
\relative { c'^\trill \pitched c^\trill des c^\prall \pitched c^\prall des! }

This simulates the look of \pitchedTrill but with a few minor problems - the
parentheses are too small, the spacing between the second and third note is too
wide (I'm guessing it's b/c of the \grace).

Is there any reason that \pitchedTrill can't fix these problems?