Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:28:12 +0100

Am 22.12.2008 um 05:42 schrieb Graham Percival:

Chip, I am 90% convinced that the solution to your problem was
posted here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-12/msg00586.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-12/msg00585.html
With another person trying to figure out what you wanted here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-12/msg00581.html

None of those solutions involve programming, and they are easily
constructed with the knowledge in the LM.  If you cannot, or will
not, describe what you actually want, it's very difficult to help
you.

I think what Graham's trying to say (but he has difficulty formulating these kinds of things) is this:
\version "2.11.65"

notes = { c d e f g a h c }

TrptOne = { \key d \major \transpose c d \relative c'' { \notes } }
TrptTwo = { \key d \major \transpose d a, { \transpose c d \relative c'' { \notes } } }

\score {
   <<
      \relative c'' \notes
      \TrptOne
      \TrptTwo

}

I find it interesting that Graham can't help people--he feels the need to teach them. Sometimes people don't understand how the functions in lilypond work. And then we have the quarterly, "Graham, stop being an ass to the newbies" email.