Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 14:04:33 +0100

Le lundi 22 décembre 2008 à 10:56 +0100, James E. Bailey a écrit :
> Am 22.12.2008 um 03:52 schrieb Graham Percival:

> Oh, I've read the Learning Manual cover to cover (well, it may have
> been changed since then, it was some months ago), and I don't
> understand Scheme.

Indeed: there is currently no thing in all LilyPond documentation that
introduces Scheme programming for non-programmers.

> > Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish...
> Apparently you, valentin, nicolas and John are the only people on this
> list who know how to fish. And no one's sharing how.

We can't share this on this list, but it'd be cool to have an
introduction to programming based on Scheme and demonstrating
applications in LilyPond; however, even this is a lot of work and there
are more urgent and basic things to do in the next 2 months.

Cheers,
John