Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:37:23 +0100

Le lundi 22 décembre 2008 à 15:14 +0100, James E. Bailey a écrit :
> Am 22.12.2008 um 14:04 schrieb John Mandereau:
> > Indeed: there is currently no thing in all LilyPond documentation that
> > introduces Scheme programming for non-programmers.
> And there shouldn't be, in my opinion.

Why not?  I'm sure a not so small amount of users would like to program
with LilyPond, so revising and extending the Scheme tutorial is a
solution IMHO.

> > We can't share this on this list, but it'd be cool to have an
> > introduction to programming based on Scheme and demonstrating
> > applications in LilyPond; however, even this is a lot of work and
> > there
> > are more urgent and basic things to do in the next 2 months.
>
> Given that, I'd say that the easiest solution would be to just tell us.

It's not just a matter of telling you; teaching how to fish (or
programming Scheme) takes a long time, and I don't have that much time
to teach Scheme on the list for free.  GF proposed a lot of links in
this thread, I'm sure you'll find something that will fit your needs.

> Incidentally, he did make it clear, he wants a diatonic fourth. So, c
> sharp in trumpet one is g natural in trumpet 2, not g sharp.

Then wait for the diatonicTranspose function until Christmas :-P

John