Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: question about transposing an interval of a 4th
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:07:24 +0100

2008/12/22 chip <address@hidden>:
> Not everybody has a programmers mind. I don't. I have no interest whatsoever
> in programming. A person should be able to use a piece of software without
> having to be a programmer to do so. If a programming degree is necessary to
> use Lily then it is either a) not complete enough for the general public to
> use, and a warning message to this effect should be placed on the web site
> home page, or b) should be aimed at a different audience -
> programmers/brainiacs.

If you use LilyPond, you are a programmer. LilyPond is a programming language*.

It has sequences, loops, nested structures, variables.

It follows a syntax and gives you a result. Do not follow the syntax
and your output will be faulty or inexistent.

Young starters say: "I've heard about MS-DOS before" :-)

--
*Fairly specialized and not Turing-complete (or is it?).

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org