Re: avoid slur help

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: avoid slur help
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 06:15:33 -0600

james wrote:
I'm having some difficulty understanding the 'avoid-slur property. This doesn't work:
\version "2.11.65"

\relative c'' {
   \override TextScript #'avoid-slur = #'inside
   c2*1/2( s4^\markup {\natural} d4.) c8
}

In fact, it increases the space between the slur and the notes, but doesn't move the markup down.

Hi James,

So, do you want to move the natural markup down? When I comment out the avoid-slur line in your code, the result looks pretty good to me (much better than it does with the avoid-slur). If you want to move the natural closer to the staff, though, it's certainly possible. Try looking at the "Moving Objects" section in the Learning Manual to see how to move the markup around:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Moving-objects#Moving-objects

HTH,

Jon

--