Re: emailed lilypond pdf's printout missing note bodies on reciepent's c

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: emailed lilypond pdf's printout missing note bodies on reciepent's computer
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:05:05 +0100

Am 2008-12-26 um 22:40 schrieb John Mislan:
I didn't tell my output to do any specific resolution - I just ran - the 'lilypond' command on them, and used the resulting PDF to send out to the windows vista, and xp computer users. All the note heads had small boxes around
them. I wonder if their printer was set to too high of a resolution ??
I can't test any of this at present I have only, an old epson available to me
with up to 720 - but no 1200 dpi res.

I'm trying to get to some foolproof way to insure that my lilypond music pdf's will universally print correctly. Telling recipients they should use Adobe Acrobat and (not winword) for pdf's, and 720 dpi res. is a reasonable start I suppose. There seems to be evidence of conflicts between generators and viewers and maybe some other quirks for this behavior. I have seen from time to time,
similar complaints about the notehead boxes.
Maybe some others have had experience with it - found some ways to avoid it or
other relevant insight.

I don't think it's a matter of resolution, but some GDL printers can't handle the output from Adobe Reader. Mostly checking "print as image" (or how it is called) in the printing dialog helps.

But I guess the boxes 'round the noteheads are from the links ("point and click") - usable for debugging, but useless for readers.
Just switch them off:

#(ly:set-option (quote no-point-and-click))

HTH

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle