Re: rearrange music flow

From: Antanas Budriūnas
Subject: Re: rearrange music flow
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:02:15 +0200

2008/12/27 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
> What you are looking for is a sort of container which you could put
> your music in. Something like a multi-voice variable, a "module" that
> one could easily drop-in into existing staves or sequential pieces of
> music without having to bother about anything else. This sounds like
> using LilyPond to compose/arrange, while it is designed firstly for
> typesetting. Maybe another musical-phrase-based language like keykit
> of Tim Thompson may help you. It handles MIDI phrases very easily.
> Browse to nosuch.com and take it a look.

Hm, interesting toy. But from different field. Some years ago I was
playing with Cubase Phrase Synthesizer.
Of course MIDI applications very simple handles music structure
shuffling. But I'm affraid of import/export. Once I was making one
piece in Rosegarden and exported it into Lilypond. I got a terrible
formated code and editing it was a headache.

Antanas Budriūnas