Re: avoid slur help

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: avoid slur help
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:37:50 -0800

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 10:37:35AM +0100, James E. Bailey wrote:

> Am 27.12.2008 um 01:07 schrieb Graham Percival:
>
>> Of course I omitted that.  You're assumed to have read the
>> Learning Manual.  In particular, LM 4.5.1 and 4.5.2.
>
> So wait, the most useful piece of information, the piece of information
> which could have been extremely helpful, the piece of information which I
> obviously forgot, otherwise I wouldn't have asked, was intentionally
> omitted? I realise that Graham has all of the manuals memorised and can
> call them up in his mind like a database, but I am not so gifted. And
> most of the time, I need a reminder.

It wasn't /intentionally/ omitted.  I it up under the
cunningly-disguised names of "Moving objects" and "Fixing
overlappign notation".  You don't even need to use extra-offset;
those pages list a number of other options for moving stuff
around.

There are plenty of pieces of info which I'll admit are hard to
find in the docs, but this isn't one of them.

Let me say it again, loud and clear: read the Learning Manual.  A
few times.  There's lots of great stuff in there.

- Graham