Re: Compiling on Mac OS X

From: Kim Shrier
Subject: Re: Compiling on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:15:01 -0700

The problem is that the configure program finds the wrong FlexLexer.h
file.  Mac OS X comes with a version of flex that is older than the
one needed for lilypond.  If you have installed a newer version of flex,
the FlexLexer.h file you want is not in /usr/include which is the one
that configure will find.  I installed a newer version of flex using the
macports system and the file you want is /opt/local/include/FlexLexer.h

In order to use the correct flex program and include the correct header,
you need to do 2 things:

1. Make sure that /opt/local/bin is in your $PATH environment variable
before /usr/bin. This is so that the correct version of flex is run.
   Make sure this is set properly before running configure.

2. After running the configure script and before you run make, edit the
   config.make file.  Change the line:

      FLEXLEXER_FILE = /usr/include/FlexLexer.h

      FLEXLEXER_FILE = /opt/local/include/FlexLexer.h

Then you can run make all.

Kim