incipit in 2.12: some remarks

From: Stefan Waler
Subject: incipit in 2.12: some remarks
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 13:14:47 +0100

Hi all,

there is a new snippet for incipits which saves a lot of work compared to earlier versions - thank you for this!

I would like to bring in some remarks about it:

- Something about incipits should be added to the documentation again. Currently there is a chapter for it (see 2.8.5) that contains nothing but "TBC".

- The incipit function in the snippet sets the style for notes and time signature to 'neomensural' but unfortunately not for the rests - which are still printed in modern notation. I didn't find out how to set this correctly in the snippet function.

- I would be VERY happy if the incipit function could be shipped with standard lilypond. I wouldn't want to include this function into all of my scores and it would be great to have it out of the box in future versions!

Best regards,

Stefan