Re: Diatonic/modal transposition function (John Mandereau)

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: Diatonic/modal transposition function (John Mandereau)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:16:29 +0100

Dear John,
I understood now. You have a note 0 in c major and in a minor, which
is a c. In my opinion it would be better to understand for a musician,
if You could use the intervall-names. I suggest something like:
diatonicfourthup= #(define-music-function (parser location x) (ly:music?)
#{
  $x \diatonicTranspose c \major #3 { $x }
#})
But, what can be done, if the key is not c?