Re: MetronomeMark alignment

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: MetronomeMark alignment
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:45:33 +0100

hi zoltan,

On Dec 29, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Zoltan Selyem wrote:
I like the new textual description feature of metronome marks.

Is there a way to position (align) metronome marks the way it is
possible with rehearsal marks? As far as I can see, MetronomeMark
doesn't have a self-alignment-X property, nor a break-align-symbols
property. I would like to have these...

This old post should explain why I need this function:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-04/msg00167.html

i ran into something similar last month, and got the following answer from graham:

See:

- Graham

my solution which works for me is to manually shift the metronome-mark:

\override Score.MetronomeMark #'extra-offset = #'(-4 . 0)

this moves it more or less to align to the key-signature – you may have to jiggle the x value to get it exactly where you want it.

regards,
sb
--
Simon Bailey