Re: GPF with 2.12

From: Stefan Waler
Subject: Re: GPF with 2.12
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 17:53:30 +0100

Neil Puttock wrote:

May I ask why you've \consist-ed the Separating_line_group_engraver in
the StaffGroup context?  While LilyPond shouldn't crash like this, I
think you're better off adding it to the Lyrics context.

What I did is copying more or less the content of the incipit snippet (which has always been regarded as "best practice" since some - me included - have elaborated and documented this approach about one year ago). Here is what I found there, if there is room for improvement please let us know:

\layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      %% no bar lines in staves
      \override BarLine #'transparent = ##t
    }
    %% the next three instructions keep the lyrics between the bar lines
    \context {
      \Lyrics
      \consists "Bar_engraver"
      \override BarLine #'transparent = ##t
    }
    \context {
      \StaffGroup
      \consists "Separating_line_group_engraver"
    }
    \context {
      \Voice
      %% no slurs
      \override Slur #'transparent = ##t
      %% Comment in the below "\remove" command to allow line
      %% breaking also at those bar lines where a note overlaps
      %% into the next measure.  The command is commented out in this
      %% short example score, but especially for large scores, you
      %% will typically yield better line breaking and thus improve
      %% overall spacing if you comment in the following command.
      %%\remove "Forbid_line_break_engraver"
    }
    indent = 6\cm
    incipit-width = 4\cm