Re: save generated files to a separate directory

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: save generated files to a separate directory
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:07:41 +0100

2008/12/31 Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden>:
> Why not LilyPondTool for Jedit?

I use it and it's _very_ convenient but the whole thing has a few problems:

jEdit sometimes exits unexpectedly. No other program I use in Linux
does that, except f-spot.
jEdit is heavy to load and very resource consuming.
The jPedal PDF viewer spends dozens of seconds to open and show the
PDF, whilst evince spends less than one second on the same file.

BTW evince does show the line-column information when the mouse is
over an element, in a yellow help balloon, and it also refreshes the
window the fully automatic way.

So my heart is split between the two, because LPT has many LP-specific
features, but the gedit-evince combination is stunningly fast, and the
emacs+xpdf option is even faster!

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org