orchestral template problem - just a question about it

From: corallina
Subject: orchestral template problem - just a question about it
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:57:05 -0800

I was interested in the orchestral template that was posted by Hu Haipeng
and after minor fixes to get it to compile was wondering can someone
address these questions.

lilypond takes the input file and shoves it all into a single page
which is blah.
I would like to fiddle with the template but am wondering how to decide
where to page break.  What is the paper size for a "real" conductors book.

Are different groups of like instruments all on a single page,
strings, woodwinds,
percussion?

I loaded the ps file into gv and tried some different paper sizes and was able
to view bits of the file.  I dont know anything about orchestras so this is
just a learning exercise for me.
For some reason gmail renames attached lily files and treats them as binary
so this time I will try giving the file a txt extension.