Re: How to do a Barré in guitar music?

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: How to do a Barré in guitar music?
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 22:22:43 +0100

Back in February, I asked how to do a barré in guitar music as it is shown in the following picture:

PNG image

You can find the tread here:<http://www.nabble.com/How-to-do-a-Barré-in-guitar-music--to15530453.html#a15530453 > This type of drawing used for a `small' type of barré. Daniel Tonda helpt me out wonderfully back then. I now want to take his solution a step further. His solution was to use the arpeggioBracket on hiddenNotes in a chord. I want to create a function that automates this. However, I seem to be missing something, because the arpeggioBracket is missing from the output of this function.

Am I heading in the correct direction?
Am I missing something?

Kind Regards,
Arjan Bos

\version "2.12.0"

barreBracket = #(define-music-function (parser location chord)
                 (ly:music?)
                 #{ \hideNotes
                    \arpeggioBracket
                    \voiceThree
                    \once \override Arpeggio #'padding = #-1.5
                    $chord #(make-music (quote ArpeggioEvent))
                    \unHideNotes
                 #})

\score {
  \context Staff <<