Re: First task for a new Frog (LilyPond bug-hunter)

From: ian_hulin
Subject: Re: First task for a new Frog (LilyPond bug-hunter)
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 15:44:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi Carl, If this is something I'd be able to do on a Windows system then I'd like to sign up as a Tadpole (apprentice Frog). Cheers. Ian
Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
Dear LilyPond users, You may have seen Graham's request for LilyPond Frogs, who will fix LilyPond bugs (trying to fix bugs at an average rate of one per month). For some of you who are anticipating getting involved in bug-hunting, I have a simple task to get you involved in modifying the LilyPond source code. Although I could give this task to one person, I'd prefer to split it among half-a-dozen Frogs or so. The task is to add documentation strings for all of the undocumented music functions shown in Notation Reference 6.1.7. There are approximately 35 undocumented functions. That leaves about 6 per Frog who chooses to get involve. This task will be an easy way to get started. It involves editing scheme files which are available in the binary distribution. No compiling will need to be done. You will become familiar with the tools for searching through the source code to find particular music functions. You will also become familiar with editing scheme code and creating patches from the edited scheme code. For convenience, you may choose to use git, which simplifies the creation of patches. You will not need to worry about breaking LilyPond; I will take the responsibility for reviewing, obtaining approval for, and applying your patches. If you're interested in signing up as a Frog for this task or for any other bug you'd like to chase, please let me know. Thanks, and Happy New Year! Carl Sorensen _______________________________________________ lilypond-user mailing list address@hidden http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user