Re: TAB question

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: TAB question
Date: 02 Jan 2009 13:31:45 +0100

Ian Hulin <address@hidden> writes:

> If you do this, how can the tab reader tell whether the notelength
> is e2 or e1?

This question is not related to e2 having a stem or not...

I can imagine a stemless number with a circle arout it, or something
like that.

That's why my primary question is what the TAB standard is (are).

> How do you tell anyway now whether it's e4 or e2?

e4 has a stem (just like an ordinary quarter note)
a2 should not have a stem (just like an ordinary half note)

-- Johan