Re: KDE and platforms

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: KDE and platforms
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 19:34:42 +0100

Op zaterdag 3 januari 2009, schreef 胡海鹏 Hu Haipeng:
>   I'm about to download Frescobaldi, but I don't know whether Kde is for
> all platforms or Linux only. I want to speed up my structure construction
> (to say, a large orchestral score's stave structure--Orchestrallily has
> many limitations), but LilyPondTool uses Java, which can't be accessed by
> my screen reader and braille display. Could someone tell me?

KDE4 should  be (or is already) available for Windows, but I have only tested
Frescobaldi on Linux. Frescobaldi is written in Python and heavily uses much
KDE functionality (including the text editor and PDF viewer component).

When KDE4 becomes easily available on Windows, it should not be difficult to
get Frescobaldi up and running in Windows.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
Frescobaldi, LilyPond editor for KDE: http://www.frescobaldi.org/