Re: How to not display string numbers in chords

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: How to not display string numbers in chords
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 15:05:15 -0600

Grateful Frog wrote:
Hello again!

I'm once again posting with a newbie question.

I'm trying to make a score with both music and tab staffs, as well as chord
names a fret diagrams. But NOT string numbers in circles.

Can anyone suggest the proper thing to set? Is it an override?

My Score section looks like this:
\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames {
      \mychords
    }
    \new FretBoards {
      \mychords
    }
    \new Staff  {
      \myTempo
      \myKey
      \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
      \myTime
      \mynotes
    }
    \new TabStaff  {
      \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
      \myTime
      \stemDown
      \override Beam #'damping = #+inf.0
      \mytabs
    }

You can make them transparent by doing an override in the regular staff:

\override Voice.StringNumber #'transparent = ##t

HTH,

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp