Re: using Ramdisk

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: using Ramdisk
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:45:12 +1000

Thomas Fehr wrote:
Hi

I'd like to use Lilypond in an interactive music learning program where short response times are needed. I think running Lilypond on a ramdisk could help. Does anyone know how to do that?

- Thomas

I mucked up part of my previous mail -- it should read:

To do this automatically when you power up your machine, add these lines to /etc/rc.local:

/sbin/mkfs -t ext3 -q /dev/ram1 16384
/bin/mount /dev/ram1 /home/user/desktop/ramdisk -o defaults,rw
/bin/chown user:root /home/user/desktop/ramdisk
/bin/chmod 0750 /home/user/desktop/ramdisk

Oops.