Re: First Frog Task

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: First Frog Task
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 17:02:09 -0700

On 1/4/09 7:24 AM, "Nicolas Sceaux" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le 4 janv. 09 à 15:15, John Mandereau a écrit :
>
>>> When you're done with this task, each function for which you are
>>> responsible
>>> should have an internationalizable docstring.  By
>>> internationalizable, I
>>> mean that it will look like (_i "This is the docstring."), rather
>>> than "This
>>> is the docstring."  Because we are adding internationalizable
>>> docstrings,
>>> you'll need to check even the functions that have docstrings.
>>
>> We'll probably have to replace _i with something like _doc to make
>> sure
>> the strings go to lilypond-doc gettext domain and not lilypond, but
>> this
>> can wait until the Frogs have completed documentation of all
>> functions.
>
> Remember to update the definition of the define-music-function macro (in
> scm/music-functions.scm) when you change _i with _doc.

I don't understand the significance of the change from _i to _idoc (which I
would recommend instead of _doc).  What is the difference between the
"lilypond gettext domain" and the "lilypond-doc gettext domain".  How would
I know that things are working properly after I changed all the docstrings
and the define-music-function macro?

Thanks,

Carl