Re: First Frog Task

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: First Frog Task
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 01:33:43 +0100

Le dimanche 04 janvier 2009 à 17:02 -0700, Carl D. Sorensen a écrit :
> I don't understand the significance of the change from _i to _idoc (which I
> would recommend instead of _doc).  What is the difference between the
> "lilypond gettext domain" and the "lilypond-doc gettext domain".

The difference is about which domain each string is translated in:
po/{lilypond.pot,*.po} for domain lilypond, and
Documentation/{lilypond-doc.po,*.po} for domain.  PO files are loaded,
installed and managed in radically different ways depending on the
domain: lilypond domain is to be installed and is loaded at each
lilypond execution, and it is managed by translation, whereas
lilypond-doc is not installed (it might be in the future), not loaded by
lilypond binary and managed directly on Git by translators and
maintainers.

>   How would
> I know that things are working properly after I changed all the docstrings
> and the define-music-function macro?

Just compile the docs and check that music functions docstrings still
appear in the docs.

Cheers,
John