Re: First Frog Task

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: First Frog Task
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 00:33:43 +0000

2009/1/3 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:

> And if you're running Windows and don't know how to look into the
> source code, I personally find the following tool valuable:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git
>
> (in the upper right box, type the name of the function you're
> investigating, and select "grep")

I find Savannah glacially slow, especially when looking at file
history; the mirror at repo.or.cz (http://repo.or.cz/w/lilypond.git)
is much more responsive.

Carl, I'm sure you have this covered, but I thought I'd mention it
just in case: of the 64 functions in B.14, there are three identifiers
which don't use define-music-function directly, so it's not possible
to add docstrings to them without breaking compilation.  Perhaps
working out the solution to this might be an instructive task for one
of the more adventurous Frogs. ;)

Regards,
Neil