Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 01:01:10 -0800 (PST)

Piero,

here's a new patch with randomization for the right side.
Again, it's a work in progress.

In fact, there are 3 functions here.

1) use \rightTearFixed if you want the same tear-pattern
   consistently; set the pattern at the top of the file:
   rightTearFixedLengths = #'(0 1 3 4 2)

2) use \rightTearCustom if you want the set the tear-
   pattern on a case-to-case basis:
   \rightTearCustom #'(0 1 2 3 4)

3) use \rightTearRandom to let the function come up with
   random tear-patterns on its own.

each of these can be abbreviated: \rTF, \rTC, \rTR.

Later I'll see if I can come up with a left-sided
solution. Interestingly, a "double-sided" tear (with
music on the left *and* right) would probably be easier
to implement. Let me know if you have any questions or
comments/suggestions.

- Mark