Re: also, lyric help

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: also, lyric help
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 21:23:01 +0100

James E. Bailey wrote:

The problem I have is that when I switch between voices in my melody, the lyrics don't pick up when the voice comes back. Is that a bug?
You may have to make sure that the same context survives.
If you do, say,
\new Staff { \new Voice = AAA {c d e f } \new Voice = BBB {g a b c }
  \context Voice = AAA { c1 }
}
the two "AAA" Voices will not be the same context, since the
first one dies after the f. Therefore, any lyrics associated with
the first measure will not continue to be associated with the
third measure.
One way to keep the context alive for the full piece is to do
\new Staff << \new Voice = AAA {s1*3}
 \context Voice = AAA {c d e f } \new Voice = BBB {g a b c }
  \context Voice = AAA { c1 }

   /Mats