cueDuring as one voice

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: cueDuring as one voice
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:59:34 -0700

Hello,
I'm writing a cue part which I would like to appear as one voice.  The problem with \cueDuring is that it creates a new voice and I can't get ties, stems, etc., to behave as if it were one voice.  The problem with \quoteDuring is that I can't find a way to reduce the size of the music on the full-size staff and get it to look like cues do with \cueDuring (esp. 16th-note beams).

So:

Is there a way to tell cues in \cueDuring to have neutral stem, slur, and tie directions and rest placement?

Or is there a way to manually reduce the size of the music in \quoteDuring to look like it would using \cueDuring?

Thanks for any input.
Neil

--
Neil Thornock, D.M.