Minimum width for a bar

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Minimum width for a bar
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 22:20:29 +1100

How can I specify that a bar containing only a single tied note be a certain
minimum width? Because the note is tied, I tried using

\once\override Slur #'minimum-length = #16

That works if the bar is in the middle of a line, but it doesn't work at the
end of a line, which is precisely where I need it to prevent text
indications from going right out to the page edge. I had a fair hunt through
the documentation without finding a solution.

Nick