Auto-beaming rules

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Auto-beaming rules
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 14:01:09 -0000

I'm making some changes to the auto-beaming rules to take full advantage of beatGrouping wherever possible, since this will make the default beaming much easier to override. I'd like to be sure LilyPond follows standard beaming practice (in so far as it is defined) wrt beat grouping as far as possible. As I don't have access to Gardner Read or any other definitive book on engraving could someone who has please let me know what Read or any other authority has to say about this.

Many thanks

Trevor