Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:11:44 -0800 (PST)

Piero,

I'll have more time to tweak the snippet a little
later, but I'll suggest some quick-and-dirty fixes
that may or may not work.

MonAmiPierrot wrote:
> 1. I have some problem with your snippet and LyX...

I'll wait for more info.

> 2. ...the preview in LyX shows black on pale pink.
>    But in this manner it shows your \tear tweaks,
>    which are in white.

For the white boxes (no need to add an image, I
understand the problem), if you know the exact rgb
color of your background, you could substitute
that for white in the following line in the
tearGeneric definition (quick-and-dirty for sure).

eg. change...
\override #'(baseline-skip . 0) \with-color #white
...to...
\override #'(baseline-skip . 0)
  \with-color #(rgb-color 249/256 167/256 176/256)

Perhaps a proper solution could work by temporarily
making the staff transparent, and then drawing black
lines instead of white boxes. That'll have to wait
till later. But it should be doable.

> 3. I tried to use your \tear in some double staff...

In tearGeneric, try substituting all 4 instances of
Staff.BarLine with Score.BarLine . Another quick-
and-dirty fix. It should work, the only drawback is
that all staves subjected to the tear at that moment
would have the same "random" tear-pattern. I probably
should have used Score.BarLine anyway. I guess it's
still a work in progress.

Hope this helps.

> Anyway, still an excellent job, and thank you very much.
Well, thank you too. A month ago I finished typesetting
100 dissertation examples with LilyPond, so I suppose I'm
sympathetic to your situation!

- Mark