Re: Long compilation times

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Long compilation times
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:29:14 +0100

Cameron Horsburgh a écrit :
I'm running a 2.4 GHz P4 with 1.25 Gig of Ram. The machine is aging,
but it should be up to this challenge. I've noticed scores compile
much quicker on much lower specced machines, so I'm suspecting
something peculiar to my installation, but I don't know where to look.

The exclusive use of spacer rests may be a bit perverse to process by LilyPond; is it faster if you replace all spacer rests s1 with full rests R1? I think this has little to do with your installation.

Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong? Or is it normal to
take 13 minutes to process a score with virtually no music?

On my Intel 64 bit box, I get it to compile in 94 seconds:

real    1m33.675s
user    1m28.378s
sys     0m0.721s

This is much for such a simple score.

Anyway, here's the file in question:
    ragged-last-bottom = t
    ragged-bottom = t

What do you expect to get with these settings?

John