Re: arpeggio next to a chord

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: arpeggio next to a chord
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:57:42 +0100

Am 11.01.2009 um 04:46 schrieb Miklos Vajna:

Hi,

I'm trying to use lilypond to digitalize some of my guitar chords, and I
seem to hit a problem.

So in guitar chords it's a common to have something like
\arpeggioArrowDown next to a chord.
…

and I would like to add something like a \arpeggioArrowDown next to the second Em.

I guess this could be done using some magic macro (example: a
scripts.arpeggio.arrow.M1 and two scripts.arpeggio above it), but I do not
understand that part of lilypond yet. :)

Let me know if this is in the (excellent!) documentation, and I just
missed it.

It is in the documentation. Section 1.3.1 Arpeggio.
A slightly modified version of your file:
\version "2.12.1"
global = {
  \clef "G_8"
  \key g \major
  \time 4/4
}
markups = {
  s4^"Em" s s^"Hm" s4
  s4^"Em" s2.
}
music = {
    e'4 <g' b'>4 b4 <d' fis' a'>4 |
    \arpeggioArrowDown <e' g' b'>4\arpeggio r4 r4 \normalsize b4
}

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \global